This content only applies to transition applications that were received before 1 July 2014. The content will be relevant for these applications until 30 June 2015.
For all other applications, including new applications, please visit www.apvma.gov.au
Exporting Agricultural and Veterinary Chemicals
A certificate for export of chemical product is a document that provides information about an agricultural or veterinary chemical product, a manufacturing site or an active constituent for export purposes.
Section 69D of the Agricultural and Veterinary Chemicals (Administration) Act 1992 gives the APVMA the legislative power to issue a certificate for the purpose of exporting a chemical product.
The certificate can be obtained for any agricultural and veterinary chemical product, which is to be supplied to other countries. Before accepting exports of a chemical product from Australia, many countries require an assurance from the government authority responsible for approving the sale of the chemical product in Australia to the effect that the export chemical is suitable for supply and use.
The requirements imposed by importing countries on Australian manufacturers of veterinary chemical products depend on the extent to which the Australian regulatory provisions are recognised in those overseas countries.
Those requirements may include:
- knowledge that the products are freely and legally supplied in Australia, usually certified by way of a Certificate of Export
- formal certification of GMP compliance by way of either a copy of the manufacturer's licence or a specific Certificate of Manufacture (Approved GMP) or Certificate of Export and Manufacture (Approved GMP)
- a Certificate of GMP Compliance of a Manufacturer under provisions of an Mutual Recognition Agreement, in the case of products exported to the EU or an EFTA country, or
- audits by their own authorised auditors and/or product testing on arrival in the importing country.
Many foreign governments require evidence of compliance with the Manufacturers’ Licensing Scheme to be provided before veterinary medicinal products can be imported. The APVMA has endeavoured to assist the export of Australian-made veterinary products by providing certificates of manufacture upon request.
Such certificates confirming the licensing status of Australian manufacturers have been recognised and accepted by many countries including Brazil, Egypt, Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan and Thailand. Countries in the EU and the EFTA also accept certificates issued under the terms of two Mutual Recognition Agreements (MRAs).
Export - Certificates of Export
- Exporting agricultural and veterinary chemicals
Phone: +61 2 6210 4701
Fax: +61 2 6210 4721