APVMA Website Archive
The content on this page and other APVMA Website Archive pages is provided to assist research and may contain references to activities or policies that have no current application.
Community Questions Archive
Members of the community often ask the APVMA questions. While there is a clear understanding that agricultural and veterinary chemicals increase agricultural productivity, people also want assurance that such chemicals are safe. Thus we get questions about individual chemicals, about our processes and the wider regulatory system.
Many of the answers we provide are of general interest so we thought we would share some of them.
- Paraquat: questions and answers - 11 October 2012
- Recombination of poultry vaccines: questions and answers - 13 July 2012
- Is a vaccine available for use against pigeon paramyxovirus type 1 in Australia? - 6 January 2012
- What is the current regulatory status of the vertebrate poison 1080? - 10 November 2011
- Was the APVMA slow in taking regulatory action against endosulfan? - 30 June 2011
- How is the use of antibiotics controlled in farming? - 21 February 2011
- What is the APVMA doing about permethrin toxicity in cats? - 21 February 2011
- How does the Adverse Experience Reporting Program work? - 22 December 2010
- Who determines the safe level of pesticides in drinking water? - 10 December 2010
- How does the APVMA manage endocrine disrupting chemicals? - 7 December 2010
- How is the APVMA funded? - 15 November 2010
- Is HGP-treated beef safe to eat? - 7 September 2010
- Glyphosate is being reviewed in the United States and Canada. Is it still safe to use? - 31 August 2010
- Do agricultural chemicals cause skin cancer? - 31 August 2010
- Are agricultural chemicals responsible for Colony Collapse Disorder? - 31 August 2010
- Why do some chemical reviews take a long time to close? - 13 August 2010
- Why are some pesticides registered for use in some countries but not in others? - 23 July 2010
- Does the APVMA allow the use of dangerous agricultural chemicals in Australia? - 23 July 2010
- Does my dog or cat need to be vaccinated every year? - 7 June 2010
- Does the APVMA have a list of banned chemicals? - 4 May 2010
- What needs to happen before the APVMA can take a chemical product off the Australian market? - 4 May 2010
The following questions emerged from the 60 Minutes program 'Poisoned' on 21 March 2010.
- Why are endosulfan and carbendazim still registered in Australia? - 26 March 2010
- What is the APVMA doing about the incidents at the Sunland Fish Hatchery in Noosa? - 26 March 2010
- Are Australian fruit and vegetables safe to eat? - 26 March 2010
- Why didn’t the APVMA appear on 60 Minutes? - 26 March 2010
Phone: +61 2 6210 4812
Mobile: +61 467 726 486